How can we improve Live Spreadsheets?

Make widget (partly) interactive

I want to use this to create an online calculator by publishing the spreadsheet as a widget to a webpage.
At the moment when using the widget, the cells cannot be edited in the widget, but only if the user opens the document via the widget.
It would be a great feature to be able to define areas/cells in the spreadsheet as interactive so that the widget user can edit data in these areas/cells. Also the widget should then do the formula calculatoins when data is changed in the interactive fields.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Magistro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredible. Imagine excel gurus being able to embed their glorious creations in websites, without disclosing the secret sauce of their formulas! To have an interactive online spreadsheet calculator that my users can use simultaneously - never saving changes to the spreadsheet, but getting the calculated results from the spreadsheet - would be incredible. Not even excel's web app does this properly. It is NOT secure! Users can download the spreadsheet and get into the formulas. I have done hours of research on this, and I still have not found one product out there that allows for anonymous editing of a spreadsheet calculator while protecting the precious, sensitive and proprietary formulas.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the public sharing option with this service does not allow public editing for calculation purposes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base